This is our third task, creating an ESL lesson plan with the collaboration of using website in the lesson. I hope in future, teachers will integrate CALL in their ESL classroom to make the lesson more interesting and effective..
WWW LESSON PLAN
Form : 4 Intermediate
Time : 70 minutes
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to obtain and use information from the
Website, show awareness and love towards nation and present the information in
written form by posting it in their class’ blog.
Technical Requirements :
One computer per group of 2-3 students with an Internet connection and a Web Browser.
1. Locate sites dedicated to Malaysian culture (Kaleide Culture).
2. Check sites before lesson.
3. Make sure each students has created their blog.
4. Using the information on the site, prepare a worksheet.
1. Teacher greets the students and asks each student to give a spontaneous answer when they
heard about culture.
2. Teacher introduces the topic of the day is different cultures exist in Malaysia.
3. Students are required to go to the website: http://www.geographia.com/malaysia/cultures.html
4. Teacher instructs the students to read three passages on crafts, cuisine and games and pastimes.
5. Teacher gives the students 15 minutes to read the passages in the website silently.
6. Meanwhile, teacher discusses with the students if there is anything that they need help with the passage.
7. After discussing the passages in the website, teacher distributes a worksheet to each student and they are required to answer the questions referring to the three main passages that they have read before. (Appendix A)
8. After 20 minutes, students are asked to exchange their worksheet with the person besides them and teacher discusses the answers together with the students.
9. Teacher shows the next task which is writing an informal letter to the students. The question are projected to the students through teacher’s blog.
10. Teacher then asked the students to sign in to their blog and write an essay.
11. The students are given three days to complete the writing. The best writing will be receiving a token from the teacher and will be published in the school magazine ‘English Week Magazine”.
TASK 1: INFORMAL LETTER
(Posted in their class blog)
Due to the lesson that we have learnt before regarding Malaysian culture, today, I want you to write an informal letter. The instruction is shown as below. You may use the points discussed; crafts, cuisine and games if you want. Other points are also acceptable. Read the statement below and write a good piece of informal letter..Wish you all the best and good luck..!!
Next month, you are going back to your hometown to spend your school holidays for a week there. You are inviting your friend from Singapore to come to Malaysia and visit your hometown. Write an informal letter to your friend and share with him/her what is there so special about your hometown and what are the activities that you have planned during the school holidays.
Your essay should not exceed 350 words and the essay should be posted in your blog by 11.59am on Monday. Late essay will not be given any marks. As for the best essay, a reward will be given as a token of appreciation from me. Thank you for your cooperation. See you in class on Thursday, 9.30am.